Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ugly Round - Note on Pin Placements

Joe, Mitchell and I got a round in today. Interesting play today. I finished at 4 over; thanks mostly to a triple boge on 15. My drive on 15 was high and ugly. It dove off into the woods, and we never found it. I followed that shot with some ugly approach action and short-armed the put to complete my triple. Whatever. I also had three birds on birdie alley (12, 13, 14), so you take the good with the bad and play on.

The course has been on the hard setting for the past month or so. Most of the pins are at the long placements. Number 8 was at the long placement, but was returned to the short placement. Anyway, with holes 2, 9, 11, 12, 15, 17, and 18 at the long placements we get two results : (1) worse scores, (2) more lost discs. Of course, more lost discs equals more found discs, so if you lose one chalk up the loss and know you're due to find one at some point. I've donated several this summer already! My brother found 3 discs today, and a couple others the last time he played. Lesson learned: discs come and go, birds and boges, keep your eyes on the chains.

No comments: